Monday, May 12, 2008

karma

Try as I might, I couldn't avoid pulling an all nighter for my enameling class. I could have left a few hours ago ready to hand in some half-assed piece--after all, it's no longer my major--but I wanted to end on a high note and do this right. For the very first time (ever), I've made a piece I'm proud of. The plan held my attention and for some reason, I was pretty motivated to see it through to the best of my abilities. Of course, now that the pressure is off, I catch my second wind. No matter. I'm very nearly done and excited to catch what little sleep I can.

Watching the sunrise is surreal.

I've had so much on my mind the past few days it's been helpful to occupy my hands to help clear my head. I would try to articulate just what I mean--what's on my mind, but I lack explanation.

At the very least, I am excited to go home for the first time in a very long time. I'm excited for my summer job in Maryland (amazing, a perfect fit) and for my new job and new position on campus when I return in the fall. So much is going on--endings, new beginnings--I'm struggling to wrap my head around it. Lack of sleep is probably not helping but I don't have time to crash until late tonight. I'll survive somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment